Tuesday 17 January 2012

3...2...1...Action

So! I'm thinking of getting started with the research and development process of my FMP Animation. I've been thinking about concepts and have a clear vision of how I want my video to look. However, I'm going to dig deeper and conjure a storyboard.

But first, inspiration!



Here's a short stop film by Angela Kohler and Ithyle Griffiths. Although I wasn't really planning to do any stop motion sequences for my final, this video intrigued me. I may consider working on bits of stop motion shots to add into my animation if anything.

---


This is another stop motion video I watched, it was done by a student and isn't as advanced as the first video, however I really liked it. I thought the concept was cute, it's a sweet and simple way of representing the effects of a highschool crush.

---



Bjork's All is Full of Love, directed by Chrisopher Cunningham. I really love the way he incorporates liquid into a majority of his work. I'm a fan of the effect it gives and the delicateness of how liquid flows in a shot. I'm thinking about using black ink and paint in my animation to represent to represent the toxicity of the hair relaxer. The subtlety of the free flowing paint will contrast with it's dark toxic undertone, which I think would be quite effective.